Breathe, relax and spend an hour sharing skin to skin contact with your baby. Learn a new skill that you can continue to use for years to come with the original baby massage course.
Baby Massage is a gentle, rhythmical movement using baby massage oil to soothe, relax or stimulate your baby. You will learn how different strokes aim to provide relief from colic or teething, which ones are best at bed time and how to help clear babies cold.
Our 5 week course looks like this:
- Week 1 - Group introductions, sharing tips to massage at home, different positions and holds for baby massage. Practical massage of legs and reflexology for the feet. Course booklet and oils provided.
- Week 2 - Tummy troubles, lots of sharing of tips and tricks to help soothe baby. Demonstration of a colic routine. Practical massage of tummy, legs and feet.
- Week 3 - Practical massage of arms, chest, tummy, legs and feet. Discussion around all the benefits of baby massage as well as a Q&A session on the course so far.
- Week 4 - Practical massage of face, back, chest, arms, tummy, legs and feet - our longest massage! Tips on how to continue to massage your baby as they grow.
- Week 5 - Practical recap of all massage strokes. Introduction to baby yoga. Discussion around baby massage oils to use, tips to continue with baby massage at home. Further massage stroke handout provided and a certificate.
This is the most comprehensive baby massage course, covering all aspects of massage - not just the strokes. It is a great way to meet other new mums and share tips - most groups go on to meet up regularly or set up private mum and baby yoga groups.
You just need to bring yourself, your baby and a couple of blankets - we will do the rest!
Suitable from birth. Partners and grandparents are welcome to join.
Private appointments available, either on a 1-2-1 basis, for follow ups after the 5 week course or for antenatal groups. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some mums worry about their baby not 'joining' in during the class, it doesn't matter if your baby sleep or feeds all the way through! Keri teaches with a demo doll which you are welcome to use, along with our spares. Some ladies enjoy joining in the discussion and watching all the new massage strokes and then try them at home with their partner or a grandparent if they wish. This is much more than 'just massage'!
Benefits of baby massage
Massage encourages the bonding and attachment process
It can reduce stress levels
Promotes the release of oxytocin, ‘the love hormone’
Parents are able to ‘tune into’ non-verbal communication from baby
It can stimulate the baby’s systems, including digestive, respiratory and immune.
Can aid digestion and help to ease colic.
Encourages muscular co-ordination and joint flexibility.
May reduce tension, restlessness and irritability.
Promotes relaxation and helps babies to sleep deeper and longer.
Helps teach babies to experience relaxation and to self calm.